Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Head Growth
Samantha_77 posted:
My daughter is just now 9 months old. Her head did not grow from 4-6 month check ups. She went this week for her 9 month and it still has not grown. She has a CT scan scheduled for tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with scenario. They are trying to rule out craniosynostosis. Any information would be appreciated.

An_222284 responded:
you wrote in 3 weeks ago, how did the test go? I don't know anything about that kid of thing, but i have a friend that had her baby right before i had mine and he is having issues with his head being to big. They want to do a ct on him as well but shes not doing it right now. My baby though hasn't grown but an inch since 4 months, hes 10 months old now. they are keeping an eye on it, but the also tell me he is too short because he is too fat. If that makes any since.

Samantha_77 replied to An_222284's response:
Well we went for the CT and were told she has minor craniosyntosis, which is the plates in her head fusing too soon. We were sent to a plastic surgeon for correction surgery. His opinion was that it was not yet severe enough for surgery, as her head is not showing any deformity and she is meeting all of her milestones. He said to watch her make sure she doesn't digress at all and he wants to see her in 6 months.

I also have a friend whose baby's head was too large, he ended up having hydrocephalus, it was caught very early though. I think I would have had the CT just for peace of mind

The plastic surgeon we saw sees 10-12 kids a month with craniosyntosis and he said only 1-2 of them have to have surgery.

lubmykiddos replied to Samantha_77's response:
my oldest had the same problem early in life he was 2 1/2 months when it was found and they watched it as long as they could however his was severe and he had to have surgery done to fix it at 6 mos he is great now almost 3 yrs later its scary but so totally worth it is the baby in pain do they cry alot? have trouble sleeping?

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 9-9-09 I recieved the most wonderful gift any one could ask for...my beautiful little boy, Grayson. Needless to say I'm a first time mommy and ...More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.