Skip to content
Vomiting and Teething related?
An_222288 posted:
My 10 month old who does not have any teeth started vomiting yesterday in the morning and in the evening. It has continued in the morning and the evening. He also has a thick runny nose. I took him to the doctor (not his normal because of course his regular one is on vacation) and he thought it could be from a virus but also commented that he had 4 teeth trying to come through at once. He said his hydration was great. His answer was to change his formula to a sensitive formula, give him pedialite, and a medicine to prevent nausea. This combination seemed to work at first but tonight after dinner and taking his normal medicine (zyerteg and baby previcid) and I laid him back in my lap he made a loud coughing and gagging sound at once and then started to throw up. My son has only had a small low grade fever and one nasty diaper and the rest have been normal. What should I do? The doctor didn't spend much time with him because out of the 7 doctors that work in the office only two were there and he was backed up. Should I wait it out and if he isn't better in a couple of days and go back? I have no clue what to do, I didn't have this problem with my first child, he rarely ever got sick. My youngest seems to constantly be in the doctors office.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sarah 29yo, DH 34yo. DD 10mo. DD is a 'bi-lateral varicocele repair, first round clomid' baby. Took us 18mo to concieve her....but she was wo...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.