Skip to content
What and How much to eat?
sarmille posted:
My 9 month old has always been a good eater! However, I make my own baby food, and I need some advice on what he should be getting at this point and portion sizes. He is pretty good about taking what I offer him, but can be picky at times. I want to be sure that he is getting the correct amount of protein, carbs, etc. He has been on formula now for about a month and a half, was breast-fed up until then. Takes the bottle well, and is very good with finger foods! However, when I offer him food that we are eating, he doesn't seem to eat much when I give him "grown up" foods, he takes small amounts but would not be able to have full meals that way. Advice on this would be helpful as well! thanks

jminer333 responded:
My son eats a lot of "grown up" foods, but sometimes he would still rather is baby oatmeal with some fruits or veggies mixed in. Have you tried giving him mashed potatoes with a side of squash, or jarred veggie mixed into it? That's what I would give my son. Instant potatoes are quick and easy too if you aren't making potatoes with your meal. My son really likes butternut squash (you can get it frozen already cut into bite-size pieces) with a little butter on it.

sarmille replied to jminer333's response:
Those are great suggestions! Thank you so much! He does love potatoes, has always eaten sweet potatoes and will probably like squash. I haven't tried it in a couple months, but think it would be a hit!

jminer333 replied to sarmille's response:
I would definitely try butternut squash, It's cheap and you can cook it yourself so it's kind of mushy, but still chunky, or you can buy the frozen cubed squash, which is my son's favorite. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 9-9-09 I recieved the most wonderful gift any one could ask for...my beautiful little boy, Grayson. Needless to say I'm a first time mommy and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.