Skip to content
Milk
jminer333 posted:
My son is 9 months. He has been on solids for a long time. He eats just about everything that we eat. He is losing his taste for formula and I want to put him on milk. I know they say not until a year, but has anyone started their LO on milk early?

wmatto83 responded:
No i was told at that we will discuss it at his 12 month appt. My doc said that milk is still to hard for their digestive system.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 fury sons both 5

jminer333 replied to wmatto83's response:
I just talked to my doctor yesterday, at his 9-month appt. She said that milk is fine, but to still give him formula at some point during the day to help suplpement vitamins. As long as he doesn't have a reaction to it. He hasyogurt made with milk as well.

tchance55 responded:
My now 17 month old has been on whole milk since 8 or 9 months without formula. He was eating so much solid food that I didn't feel the need to keep buying expensive formula when he ate all his veggies, fruits, meats and everything. His doctor never had anything negative to say about his health.

EJRJmom replied to jminer333's response:
DO you mix formula with Milk or just plain Milk ,

mcorsello2009 replied to EJRJmom's response:
have to cause my son is lactose and tolerant and has acid relfux. WIC suggested it to get his body used to plain milk

Spotlight: Member Stories

Tiffany 25 DH 33 DD 3/10/09 Phoenix AZ

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.