Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone else's baby not crawling???
wmatto83 posted:
So my little guys is 9 months old. And he just refuses to crawl we try everything putting toys out of reach and putting him on his belly and he will just roll to them. He does get up on his hands and knees on his own and rocks back and forth but refuses to crawl. I am worried cause my friends kids are all crawling or were crawling way before 9 mos. Any suggestions?? My family is saying that he may skip and start walking. Which he walks very well with help and is starting to steady himself when stands. I just feel like he behind and I worry that he may have developing problems!! AAAHHH!! First time mom worries! Also when did everyones LO say they first words and what were they?

jminer333 responded:
My dad never crawled, and my step-daughter took a long time to walk. Every baby is different. Don't compare your LO to others. He's on his hands and knees, so he's getting there. Don't get discouraged. I know a 9-month old who is refusing to crawl as well. He likes to just sit and watch everyone else. Talk to your doctor if you are really concerned, but I don't think at this point, that there is anything to worry about. He may just be content watching. My nephew is almost 4 months old, and refuses to lay on his stomach, try to roll over, or anything like that. Everyone is different.

wmatto83 replied to jminer333's response:
Thank you so much for your response! He goes for his 9 month check up today so i may ask the doc what he thinks too! Thanks again!
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 fury sons both 5

sdadkin replied to wmatto83's response:
My first DS didn't start crawling until 11 months and he didn't start walking til he was 14 months. He has always been a little bit small (he was born 3 weeks early, but wasn't really tiny). My 10 month old started crawling at 8 months and he is already pulling up really well so I think he will be walking pretty soon. It took him forever to learn how to sit up on his own though. As soon as you put him on the floor in a sitting position he went straight to crawling. Lol. He is a busy little guy. Total opposite of my first. He is in to EVERYTHING! My first son is much more chill.

Every baby is different. They say you shouldn't compare kids, but it's so hard not to. I always go back and look at my first son's baby book to see what he was doing at the same age as my second DS. So far, DS2 has been about 3 months ahead on everything (crawling, weight and height, etc). I wouldn't worry about your son. He seems perfectly normal. And I love your new profile pic. What a cutie! We just had the boys' pics done at daycare and they should be in in a couple of weeks!

wmatto83 replied to sdadkin's response:
Thank you so much for your response!! I had him at the doc this past week and I said I am just worried about his developmental status with not crawling and the doc said let me check a couple other things out on him and he did and he stood him up and Aaron was taking steps while holding docs hand and the doc said he is completely fine development wise. Aaron was also born 4 weeks early and has always been under height and weight but is still healthy. He does everything else well sit on his own stands great. But no crawling so the doc said he most likely won't crawl at this point and it my be a few months til he walks which is fine he said.

I know I think about that all the time when we decide to have a second I am going to try not to compare pregnancy, birth and development but I know I will lol!!! Thank you for your nice comment he is such a ham for photos I love it!! Your two are adorable also and your LO seems to be very active how do you keep up with both of them!!

I guess I want to add also that the reason for my concerns are a very good friend (and I should use that term loosely) just had a baby in January her first and a girl. And she is into all holistic, organic, natural stuff. Which is fine I would never knock her for it. It is just not for me any of it. I am too much of a stubborn Realtist. Anyways she is not getting her baby vacccinated. Again her choice. And she is always making comments about how me and my other friends are putting our children at risk for disabilities and cancer and even death cause of vaccinating, giving them formula and giving them jarred baby food. And so i worry constantly that aaron is progressing well because of this. So that is why i am always on here asking about everyones progress. Ugh!

sdadkin replied to wmatto83's response:
It is kind of hard having two kids under 3. My oldest will be 3 in July and he does help out quite a bit. He loves to help with dishes and laundry. If I ever need to do something without him I know I can put on an episode of Mickey Mouse Club House and he will sit on the couch and not move til it's over (thank God for dvr!). But my youngest is so much more active. He constantly wants to be down on the floor crawling around and getting into stuff. If I put him in his pack-n-play he will cry at first but then he will get distracted by his toys and start playing with them. And he loves to be around his older brother. It's so cute. He already tries to do everything DS1 does. I think they are going to grow up being so close.

I have heard over and over again by different doctors that vaccines do not cause autism or cancer. No one knows what really causes cancer and I think people are just looking for things to blame it on. I do know that because of different vaccines that some diseases like chicken pox and polio have pretty much become a thing of the past. Both of my boys are up to date on their vaccinations. I think it's scary to think what can happen in this world if people stop vaccinating their kids.

wmatto83 replied to sdadkin's response:
Aww that is good to know that is can be done with having two kids under three lol! We want to start trying for #2 in the fall.

I couldn't agree with you more about what you said about the vaccines!

jminer333 replied to wmatto83's response:
We are trying for one more now, and our youngest is almost 10 months. Hopefully I don't go crazy with 2 kids that young, plus we have a 7-year-old. And I agree with sdadkin, vaccines are important. My kids are both up-to-date, as much as they hate them. But so many bad things can happen if you don't get them.

wmatto83 replied to jminer333's response:
Awww well good luck with your TTC!!! Hope it goes well! I am glad to know that I am not alone with my thinking on vaccines. This "friend" makes me feel like I am endangering my child by doing so!

DixieBrandon responded:
My daughter is 10 mths and is not a crawler. Which I talked to my doc and she said it is fine. Some babies dont crawl at all because they sit and scoot. I think our babies are perfect and theyll do what they want when they are ready. As long as he is sitting and playing with toys and switching hands, he is on coarse! Dont worry. Hell be fine.

angy1984 replied to DixieBrandon's response:
some babies never crawl they go straight to walking. but remember they all even out in the end by the time he's not a baby anymore and hes a child he will be at the same level as all the other kids. dont stress about it every baby develops on their own time i've found out there's not a set time for everything

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well I was married in Dec. of 08. We found out we were expecting our first baby 2 months before the wedding. Lily Fay was born May 27th a month early ...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.