Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
9.5 months old weight and height
Anon_38786 posted:
What is average height and weight of a 9.5 month old. You always hear from others, oh he is so big. what is your child's age, height and weight?

Allaya9 responded:
Really depends on the child, as long as their in their normal ranges (depending on the child that can vary). Some children are small and some are big as babies. For instance, my little man is 6 months old weighs 22 lbs and is 28 inches long. I always get he's so big and yes he's in 12 month clothes, he's just a big boy and growing so fast lol.

jminer333 responded:
My son is 9.5 months as well. He weighs about 20 lbs and is in the 75-85%. It all depends on your family genes...some say my son is small and others say he's soooo big. Just listen to yourself and your doctor.

zabroza86 responded:
My son just turned 9 months old and weighs 19lbs 7oz and is 28in long. I have heard that he is THIN but then in the "normal" range when compared to other children.

sdadkin responded:
My DS2 is 10 1/2 months and at his 9 month check up last month he weighed 19 lbs 4 oz and was 29 1/3 inches long. He was in the 85th percentile for height and only the 30th percentile for weight.

When DS1 was 9 months old he only weighed 17 lbs 4 oz and was 27 1/2 inches long. He was born exactly 3 weeks early (and spent 6 days in the NICU). He is always been on the smaller side. He is now 2 1/2 and weighes 26 lbs and is 33 inches tall. It wont be long before his little brother catches up to him!

wmatto83 responded:
We were at the Doctor on March 6th for the 9 month check up. He was 19.9 lbs. And 28 inches long. Doc said he is below average but completely normal. He was born 4 weeks early and always has been smaller than most babies. He will be 10 months on Saturday.
ME 28 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 fury sons both 5

Spotlight: Member Stories

The story I need to tell is the one about fighting infertility, through the two miscarriages and finally the light at the end of a long, dark tunnel-t...More

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.