Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
swollen spleen
An_244322 posted:
at my sons 1 yr check up i was told he had a swollen spleen. the doctor has no idea what is causing it since he shows no signs of having a virus. he also doesnt want to check it for a month. is that normal. this situation has me extremely nervous

jminer333 responded:
I have found that doctors vary tremendously. If it makes you feel better to get a 2nd opinion, then you should. I had one doctor in our office diagnose my 6 year old and my 9 month old with asthma within a week of each other. Last I checked, asthma wasn't contagious. We had them checked by someone else in the same office and they said it was just congestion due to cold season, which is what I was figuring.
So, get a 2nd opinion if you aren't satisfied with what your doctor is telling you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (30), DH (30), DD (3-30-10), 2 fur babies: Loki & Scurvy Pete (Cats).

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.