Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety towards Men?
zabroza86 posted:
I was picking up my LO from daycare the other day, and the director told me something that has been on my mind. She (the director) said that each time she takes a new couple on a tour of the Center and they go into the Infant room, my LO will smile and flirt with the Wife but then cry when he sees the Husband. My LO is ALWAYS a happy baby and will smile and flirt with everyone, but I guess I haven't noticed how he reacts to Men. The only "men" that my LO is around is my dad (his grandpa), sometimes his dad (boyfriend) and his brothers (LO's uncle).

The only thing I could think of would be the size issue; meaning they daunting and large size could scare him.....OR that they don't sense them as a good person? (ok ok maybe I'm stretching the last one).

What do y'all think?

jminer333 responded:
My step-daughter wouldn't go near men when she was a baby. My son is 10 months and flirts with all the girls, but men he is a little more weary of. Very few can make him smile. He has actually started crying when I drop him at daycare or if my dad tries to hold him. I have read that they go through weird phases like this and that they should grow out of it. I would just give it a little more time, and maybe try to bring some men around a little more often (if possible) to get your LO used to it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I need help planning my wedding!

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.