Skip to content
Tossing and turning all night
mommyin2011 posted:
My soon to be 9 month old son doesn't sleep like a 'normal' baby. He tosses and turns all night. He gets into to these weird positions and then wines/cries to be straighten out. He does this ALL night; to the point where I have to bring him into my bed so I don't have to keep getting up and readjusting him so I can try to get some sleep for work the next day (he sometimes sleeps better with me - but still tosses and turns allot)....what might the problem be? any one else dealing with this? if it wasn't for this issue, he'd sleep all night just fine...

DixieBrandon responded:
My daughter is the same way with getting up at night, except she screams for her pacifier. It drives me crazy because like you I also get up early and go to work. Im not sure why they do the "get up all night" thing. But lord I wish it would stop. Does it help if you give him a bath so his body is relaxed? Maybe soothing him in a tub and rubbing lotion on him while massaging his legs and feet and head??? I do that with my baby and I noticed it does help. Not go away but it lessens how many times she gets up. I havent quite found a solution to the problem so I can sleep all night, but if I do I will deff let you know!

mommyin2011 replied to DixieBrandon's response:
I do give him baths at night. I did help when I first started doing it, but now, he is back to getting up and wanting a bottle, or to be re-positioned. Im currently 7 months preg. with my 2nd and having no sleep is really killing me!!! i just hope it stops before his sister is here!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Jen (32) DH (35) Madi (01/28/09) And she's enough for us!

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.