Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
One Year old!!!
wmatto83 posted:
I cannot believe that my little guy will be one year old on Thursday!! He is such a little a joy in my life! I am trying to get to walk he took two steps on his own about 2 weeks ago and has yet to it again....is this normal? When did everyone else LOs start walking? Also he says like two words...da da (of course) and uh oh...go figure..lol. He said ma ma once but won't say it again and somewhat says thank you. Some things I am reading says he should be saying alot more. I feel like I am constantly worrying about his development.
ME 29 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 fury sons both 5

mommyin2011 responded:
I have an almost 10 month old and he is saying mama, baba and shakes his head no-its the cutest thing!! we are trying to teach him to walk. he really wants to walk and does great holding on to our finger. he just gets too excited and cant balance his self to actually walk. he has taken a step here and there and will be holding on to the table, let go, turn around and step to the TV. Most kids that I know started walking shortly after their 1st birthday. Your little guy is right on track

sdadkin responded:
My LO will be 13 months in a few days. He takes a lot of steps but isn't quite walking yet. He can walk practically across the room but hasn't just took off walking. He doesn't really talk yet either. He has said dada and mama, but it's been awhile. He usually just grunts or squeals when he wants something. He has also has started pointing. It seems like my first son was talking by now but like I have told you several times before- every baby is different. Lol. Your son seems to be right on track with mine! Mason is very curious. He gets into everything! He tries to get into the trashcan or any of the drawers/cabinets in the kitchen. He follows his big brother around everywhere. It's really cute seeing them interact and play together!

wmatto83 replied to sdadkin's response:
Thanks ladies!!! Yes Aaron is very active just like your LO sdadkin he gets into everything as well. We are getting better with walking he gets braver and braver everyday. It so hard cause you know how people get....we have a alot of "friends" with little ones all around the same age and they are all bragging and saying my LO crawled at 7 months and mine did this and mine did that. I just feel sometimes my little guy is behind but I don't think he is after talking to his doctor he is right on track and with what you guys said.
ME 29 DH 39 DS born 5/24/11 2 fury sons both 5

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me: Dee (3), DH: Ken (35), DD: Ava Rose born 3/26/2009 5 lbs 15oz, 19.5 in...we live in NY!

Helpful Tips

My 9 Month old doesnt have a BM in 2 weeks
have a 9 month old who doesnt poop every day or every other day most of the time its only once a week but there are times where he goes 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.