Skip to content
10 month old biting and hitting
BoomBoomShaw posted:
Help. My LO is so sweet but he pulls hair (normal). He has started hitting me and others especially at daycare, Then there is the biting. I think he is doing it as a sign of affection - we have 8 teeth but it hurts.

He does not understand No. I take his hands and tell him to touch gently. This is all in the same motion he does while sitting by himself. A kind of high to low slapping and now he does it when I old him etc. I am so afraid it is going to get worse.

any tips?

angy1984 responded:
my cousins daughter did the same thing and she said the only thing that stopped it was that she did it back to her. i did the same thing with pinching and my son hasn't pinched us since. i'm not saying to seriously hurt the little guy just enough to hurt a little bit so he learns that it hurts and its not nice. and with the him not understanding no you have to keep saying it over and over again and tap his little hand now with that my dad had to help me out but i found out you have to have a serious look on your face and not comfort him when he wines about it remember it will be a little temper tantrum that way he knows that you mean it my son is 10 months and he understands stuff he understood no at 8 months so ur baby just needs to be tought. good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We got married August 27, 2005. After a couple of years of marriage we decided we wanted to have a baby....More

Helpful Tips

How to Increase Font Size!
Don't forget you can increase your font size by hitting and holding Ctrl on your keyboard and the plus sign at the same time. Could be ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.