Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Toddler Erection Pain
Zelma212 posted:
My 3 1/2 year old son seems to have really painful erections throughout the day. He will cry and complain until they go away. This has been going on for several months. He often feels the need to lift his pants and underwear over his penis - I assume to give himself room. I don't know why he is so uncomfortable. My older son never had this issue. Is pain normal? We will see the doctor in Feb. Should I wait and see if it continues or take him in now?

stephs_3_kidz responded:
Maybe the erection doesn't actually hurt unless his pants and underwear are restricting him somehow? I wouldn't think the erection itself would be painful, and there is a chance that it could just make him self-conscious or something. However, if he really does seem to be in pain, I wouldn't wait until February to see the pediatrician, I'd take him in ASAP.

luvmy2babiesmuch responded:
i would not wait, i would take him now,, you may have to go to several dr's to get a good answer. and someone that really checks into it, instead of telling you that it's all in his head. it may be his pants, and it could just be his fear of something new happening, or something more serious, like bladder infection or something,, i would go now!!

jpm_save responded:
is your son circumcised hes foreskin may have jest started to pull back

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella (6 1/2- first grade), Owen (5- preschool), Connor (3 1/2), Lilly (19 mo...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.