Skip to content
I'm back!
teeny79 posted:
Wow how this forum has changed! I went into the hospital to have the twins and when i came back home and got some free time i logged on to discover everything had changed. It took me a while to figure it out and then a while longer to find this board.

I had my twins on my birthday- february 22nd. It went well and i was able to deliver them without having a c-section. Kelsey was born at 6:25 and her sister was born at 8:34, a whole two hours and nine minutes later. They are great babies and really make it easy to manage all the house work, them and my other two kids. I am aware that this all will more than likely change lol but for now i am just taking it one day at a time. My older kids are great with them and so far they haven't shown any signs of jealousy but again that could change.

I do have a question, for those of you who have had their tubes tied what was the recovery like? I am considering getting mine done if hubby does not get snipped but i'm wondering if i will be sore or not. I had the option to get it done while still in the hospital but opted not to since i had just delivered the twins and didn't want to have to go without food or water for another twelve hours lol.

moonbeamgarden1 responded:
Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful girls. I wish you much joy and happiness in the years to come.

I didn't have my tubes tied; my husband was snipped, so I can't answer your question. However, I will say that tubes tied means sedation and an operation for you. Snipping is done in the doctor's office and means your husband lies on the couch for 1/2 a day. I opt snipping!

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Congratulations!

Your hubby getting snipped is the MUCH easier option. He'll be out for a day or two, and that's it. DH couldn't get snipped, so I had to do the tubal. It's an operation, and you will be quite sore for a couple of days. I also had restrictions for 2 weeks. I couldn't lift anything over 10 pounds for 2 weeks, and I couldn't drive during that time. That is pretty hard to do when you have 1 LO, let alone 2!

121sweetie responded:
"lies on the couch for 1/2 a day" ha! My DH laid on the couch for 2 WEEKS--really milked it--you would have thought he had open heart surgery or something it was pathetic!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I would highly encourage the husband snipping thing. I know women who have gotten their tubes tied and never looked back but I also know some tubal ligation horror stories.

The procedure for men is so much safer, easier, and better.

OneAndDone responded:
Congratulations on your two new beautiful babies!

teeny79 replied to OneAndDone's response:
Thank you, they are such a blessing!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually EOBP (early on-set bipo...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.