Skip to content
School
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
1. Will your child be in the same school next year?

2. What is the best thing about the school your child is in this year?

kc_94920 responded:
1) DD1 (my 1st grader) will be in the same school. It's a K-8.
2) She feels safe and secure, has friends and is receiving a top-notch education.

1) DS will start K so is leaving his preschool.
2) The schedule, he's been able to go 5 mornings a week and that's helping prepare him for the longer days of K next year. From his point of view this allows him lots of playtime with his buddies!

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to kc_94920's response:
Those both sound like great schools. I like the K-8 as well. I think the 6-8 schools are doing kids a bit of a disservice.

katieb426 responded:
1. Ella will be in the same school, same room, same teacher They do combined grades, so it's a 1st/2nd grade class. Lucky we love her teacher!

Owen will finish preschool in May and then start kindergarten in the fall. We go to visit the class on Friday. I hope I can keep from getting teary like I did with Ella (sniff, sniff).

2. The school we have chosen for our kids is a k-12 charter school. It's very close to our house. I am pretty sure I'm going to love having all 4 of my kids in the same school together. So far, we are totally impressed with curriculum, teachers, etc.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to katieb426's response:
That sounds wonderful. My son started school in a K-2 class but the teacher was a football coach's wife and didn't quite understand my small, non-athletic, non-"boy"-ish boy. It really needs to be a great teacher and Ella sounds like she has one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful