Skip to content
School
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
1. Will your child be in the same school next year?

2. What is the best thing about the school your child is in this year?

KC_94920 responded:
1) DD1 (my 1st grader) will be in the same school. It's a K-8.
2) She feels safe and secure, has friends and is receiving a top-notch education.

1) DS will start K so is leaving his preschool.
2) The schedule, he's been able to go 5 mornings a week and that's helping prepare him for the longer days of K next year. From his point of view this allows him lots of playtime with his buddies!

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to KC_94920's response:
Those both sound like great schools. I like the K-8 as well. I think the 6-8 schools are doing kids a bit of a disservice.

katieb426 responded:
1. Ella will be in the same school, same room, same teacher :) They do combined grades, so it's a 1st/2nd grade class. Lucky we love her teacher!

Owen will finish preschool in May and then start kindergarten in the fall. We go to visit the class on Friday. I hope I can keep from getting teary like I did with Ella (sniff, sniff).

2. The school we have chosen for our kids is a k-12 charter school. It's very close to our house. I am pretty sure I'm going to love having all 4 of my kids in the same school together. So far, we are totally impressed with curriculum, teachers, etc.

Louise_WebMD_Staff replied to katieb426's response:
That sounds wonderful. My son started school in a K-2 class but the teacher was a football coach's wife and didn't quite understand my small, non-athletic, non-"boy"-ish boy. It really needs to be a great teacher and Ella sounds like she has one.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.