Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
School lunches yes or no?
An_222176 posted:
I have a friend that says she will never let her child eat a scool lunch ever again after a news report she saw about 2 months ago. She says that according to the report she saw, that sachool provided wre provided by terrorists. The report said that the food is made so unhealthy that the kids who eat them would not be able to pass the exam in the military, and that is what they want. Who would be there to fight them if we had no army?
( which kind of makes cense about being no military to work with.)

LOL

What do you think? Post your opinions and let us know.

andprice responded:
That sounds weird. I am very skeptical. It doesn't even make sense. Even if that were true, if your child only eats one meal at school 5 days a week, I doubt it would be enough to make them so unhealthy they couldn't be in the military. While some school lunches aren't terribly healthy, they are the same or better than a lot of packaged foods people put in their kids' lunches. Every parent should know what their kids are eating, whether it's from home or a school cafeteria.

An_222177 replied to andprice's response:
I htought it was wierd too, biut I thought it might be a good topic to discuss on this board. What exactly do the schools feed our kids? Let us know what your kids eat at school.

FCL replied to An_222177's response:
I know what my children eat ...

My daughters eat in the school canteen every day. The food is made in the school kitchens. The ingredients are supplied by local suppliers (we live in a region where crops are only treated when they absolutely have to be ... ) and the menus are drawn up with the help of a nutritionist.

I am satisfied that my children get proper food that is not only nutritious and tasty but also pretty varied.

fotogirl525 responded:
I think the idea is ridiculous honestly. And your friend believes this? Strange. Anyways I am sure the school lunch isn't the healthiest but it isn't any worse then when we were kids. As long as your child is getting well bananced meals at home then I wouldn't worry a whole lot. They will be just fine.

normarae5 responded:
All I can say is Lol lol. That is ridicolous. It really doesnt even call for another comment other than that. lol Thanks I needed that laugh.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.