Skip to content
Nut Free school
linzuh04 posted:
This might be a silly question, but DD will be going to Kindergarten in September, and it's a nut free school. I know this means no peanut butter, almonds, etc, but do I have to avoid the items that say they were made in a factory containing nuts?

Sorry if it's a silly question. I dont know anything about food allergies

fcl responded:
I'd say yes.

katieb426 responded:
That's a great question. You should just ask the school.

We have close friends whose son has a peanut allergy. They insist on avoiding all products with any kind of peanut warning on it.

I know of several other families who have kids with peanut allergies who just avoid it as an ingredient.

So I would avoid anything with any kind of warning on it until you are able to ask and get a direct answer from the school.
Katie, Randy, Ella (6), Owen (5), Connor (3), Lilly (21 months)

dgarner11 responded:
definitely talk to the school. My daughter's school is also nut free (there are several children with life threatening allergies)

Fortunately when she started junior kindergarten they handed out a list of safe food and unsafe foods.

Basically if it says nut-free its safe. If it says "may contain traces of peanuts or tree nuts" I dont send it.

JacobyBrewer31 responded:
good question

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually EOBP (early on-set bipo...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful