Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nut Free school
linzuh04 posted:
This might be a silly question, but DD will be going to Kindergarten in September, and it's a nut free school. I know this means no peanut butter, almonds, etc, but do I have to avoid the items that say they were made in a factory containing nuts?

Sorry if it's a silly question. I dont know anything about food allergies :sheepish:

FCL responded:
I'd say yes.

katieb426 responded:
That's a great question. You should just ask the school.

We have close friends whose son has a peanut allergy. They insist on avoiding all products with any kind of peanut warning on it.

I know of several other families who have kids with peanut allergies who just avoid it as an ingredient.

So I would avoid anything with any kind of warning on it until you are able to ask and get a direct answer from the school.
Katie, Randy, Ella (6), Owen (5), Connor (3), Lilly (21 months)

dgarner11 responded:
definitely talk to the school. My daughter's school is also nut free (there are several children with life threatening allergies)

Fortunately when she started junior kindergarten they handed out a list of safe food and unsafe foods.

Basically if it says nut-free its safe. If it says "may contain traces of peanuts or tree nuts" I dont send it.

JacobyBrewer31 responded:
good question

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.