Skip to content
Rod Stewart is a daddy for the 7th time!
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
Rocker Rod Stewart will be 65 when his Seventh Child is born (This is not a WebMD site and we cannot guarantee content). Wife Penny, will be just shy of 40 when her second child with Rod is born.

Do you think larger families are making a comeback? Do you think there's a trend to having children later in life?

Share your thoughts, and take the poll here: http://forums.webmd.com/3/pregnancy-exchange/forum/2742

FCL responded:
There is most certainly a trend towards having children later in life in Europe. depending on the country the age at which women are having their first child is between 28 and 30.

As for generally having babies later, I think we have forgotten that our grandmothers and earlier generations were all still having children in their late 30s and 40s because they did not have the contraceptive methods we have now. We still haven't reached the number of "late babes" that there were before the pill (and contraceptive awareness) arrived ...

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to FCL's response:
I agree FCL, My hubby had 5 siblings and 2 are over 10 years older than he is.

katieb426 responded:
How many mothers are involved? It seems like he is just having a few average sized families that blend in to one big one. :)

I don't know if larger families are making a comeback or not. I have 4 kids and it doesn't really seem all that uncommon around here. But when we went on vacation this summer and stayed in a large city, I was amazed at all the comments we got from people. We really felt like we were making a spectacle every where we went.
Katie, Randy, Ella (6), Owen (5), Connor (3), Lilly (21 months)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to katieb426's response:
That is strange katieb,

Here, I walk around with 4 kids all the time. (2 mine, and 2 grands but everyone assumes they are all mine.) I live in a big city and no one ever gave me a problem.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.