Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Wetting
An_222209 posted:
We are at our wit's end with this. My 8+ year old granson keeps soiling his clothes (both ways). We have tried everything. He rarely wets his bed. He does take medication for ADHD and I don't know if there is a connection or not. We have tried everything...withholding privileges, grounding...my daughter has even gone so far as to take away underwear. Please help!

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Have you taken him to the doctor? Constipation can cause accidents. I would rule out any medical issues before I continued with punishment.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Soiling, and wetting can be a symptom of a medical problem. Please contact your PCP. If no medical condition is found, your PCP can also help with techniques to stop the problem.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.