Skip to content
Interested in a house cleaning style quiz?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
I did very well on this quiz. http://www.webmd.com/parenting/healthier-home-8/clean-house-quiz How well did you do?

katieb426 responded:
This is what I got. Not too surprising. I'm not a slave to my house, but I try to keep it tidy. I was surprised to read that having ultra-clean house can lead to more problems. Maybe that's why we're not sick very often....

You're at ease with the germy, messy world around you — and that can be both good and bad for your health. For example, some studies suggest ultra-clean conditions may lead to higher allergy and asthma rates in kids. Yet a well-placed scrub can do wonders: Wash your hands often and you can dramatically reduce your chances of getting colds or flu. Sanitize your cutting boards with a run through the dishwasher and you reduce your risk of food-borne illnesses. Scrub away mold that lurks in bathroom and kitchen corners and you can reduce indoor allergens for family members who already have allergies. So relish your carefree style, but protect your health with a well-timed scrub, too.
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (23 months)

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to katieb426's response:
I scored in the middle which said: My house gets messy and I don't get too freaked out about it. Had to laughed because my kids would say, I always freak out over a mess!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella (6 1/2- first grade), Owen (5- preschool), Connor (3 1/2), Lilly (19 mo...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.