Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
bathroom issues
paz24 posted:
I just join and I am looking for some advice. I am having a super difficult time getting my 6 year old son to clean himself after going to the bathroom. He is totally grossed out by the idea and he is afraid to go any where without me because of this. I have tried bribing him and he is to smart he tells me keep it, or he does not want it. It is becoming a true problem between my husband and I cause he tells me to just leave him in the bathroom, but I am afraid that he will get hemorrhoid and or develop some sort of phobia and get sick. PLEASE HELP ME. OH and some advice on how to get my 9 year old daughter to stop joining me in bed at 3am?

katieb426 responded:
I don't have any advice on the sleep issue.

But for the wiping....Does he use the flushable wipes? Those make the "job" a lot easier and cleaner.
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (23 months)

LeeLou25 responded:
Yeah my son is the same way he likes to be very clean so I always have wipes available for him and it makes him a alot more confident in cleaning himself. With the sleep issue I have the same issue with my 2yr old.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.