Skip to content
School Picture Day
An_222215 posted:
I'm curious to hear what you'd do if this happened to your child. Yesterday was the individual student photo day and the photographer asked my 8 yr old daughter "What's wrong with your teeth?". My daughter replied "nothing".

My daughters feelings were hurt by this. She has a cross bite that will be addressed shortly, we were waiting for a tooth to come down in the front as instructed by an orthodontist.

I felt this was an insensitive and unprofessional comment. I let the school know what happened. My husband thinks I'm being a complainer.
normarae5 responded:
I would have complained to. That person is an adult and knows better than say that to a child. They were totally out of line. She is a 8 year old child. I know grown ups that would have been bothered by that being asked to them. Im sorry but I dont agree with your husband. I would have complained, called corportate, and wrote a letter to the boss of the person. This is suppose to be a pleasant experience for these kids, How dare he/she take that away from your child. Dont let that go.
A.J.'s Mom
FCL responded:
The photographer was an insensitive clod. Photographers who work with children need to be able to work with children - it doesn't matter how talented they are, if they can't relate to children they shouldn't be working with them. I'm sure the school would rather know about this incident to avoid other children being offended in the future.

You were right to let the school know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Katie (35), married to Randy, and a SAHM of 4 beautiful children. Ella (6 1/2- first grade), Owen (5- preschool), Connor (3 1/2), Lilly (19 mo...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.