Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
School Picture Day
An_222215 posted:
I'm curious to hear what you'd do if this happened to your child. Yesterday was the individual student photo day and the photographer asked my 8 yr old daughter "What's wrong with your teeth?". My daughter replied "nothing".

My daughters feelings were hurt by this. She has a cross bite that will be addressed shortly, we were waiting for a tooth to come down in the front as instructed by an orthodontist.

I felt this was an insensitive and unprofessional comment. I let the school know what happened. My husband thinks I'm being a complainer.

normarae5 responded:
I would have complained to. That person is an adult and knows better than say that to a child. They were totally out of line. She is a 8 year old child. I know grown ups that would have been bothered by that being asked to them. Im sorry but I dont agree with your husband. I would have complained, called corportate, and wrote a letter to the boss of the person. This is suppose to be a pleasant experience for these kids, How dare he/she take that away from your child. Dont let that go.
A.J.'s Mom

FCL responded:
The photographer was an insensitive clod. Photographers who work with children need to be able to work with children - it doesn't matter how talented they are, if they can't relate to children they shouldn't be working with them. I'm sure the school would rather know about this incident to avoid other children being offended in the future.

You were right to let the school know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Eli, and my husband's name is John. I have a stepson who is 14, who we have for the summer. John and I have 2 children together. Trista...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.