Skip to content
Does your child clean his room?
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Does your child clean his room? Do you struggle with getting her to clean?

Dr. Tanya Altmann on our main Parenting board has some ideas for you. Come check them out and share your own experiences and creative idea to get kids to clean their rooms or pick up after themselves.

Can't wait to hear your stories and suggestions!

Olivia

normarae5 responded:
Yes, My son is7 1/2 and he cleans his own room. He really doesnt give me a hard time about it. I notice that his room needs cleaning and he cleans it. Ill go through and inspect and vaccum it out but he does a good job. I dont have any creative ideas on how to get kids to clean their rooms because in our home it mandatory and normal, that you clean
A.J.'s Mom

KC_94920 responded:
Of course they do, and they always have.

My just turned 8 year old and my 5.5 year old accept that it's their responsibility to take care of their belongings and their rooms. My 2 year old cleans up after herself as well and takes great pride in emptying her hamper and "making" her crib every morning.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Name is Norma. I am a working mother of a 7 year old son named A.J. He is the light of my life. I have been blessed with a very handsome son who ha...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.