Skip to content
My 7 years old daughter is picky and slow eater.
An_222218 posted:
MY 7 years old daughter weights 33lbs. She 's the smallest everywhere we go. She gets teased in school because she's short, she cannot play on the playground like most kids. She very social, but the older she gets the less friends she has. Her grade 1 teacher from last year asked me to move her back to kindergarten, because of her size, that she will fit in better. I was mad, so I moved her to a private school where she can get better care, but I am taking her out next school year. She eats 1/3 of most kids eat. She needs more body fat, mass because she's too skinny. Her doctor said he's not concern about her growth, she's healthy. I think her iron is low. I think if she eats more and eats faster than she will get taller. It takes her 1.5 hours to eat dinner, she missed 1 snack, she eats very little lunch, she gets a longer lunch hour than most kids in class. If anyone have any advice to have her eat more and faster, please let me know, I am willing to try anything.

Take the Poll

My 7 years old daughter is picky and slow eater.
vote
View Poll Results

momuv4girls responded:
I am wondering what her pediatrician says about her growth/weight? Are you or your husband small ?

As a child grows and develops the pediatrician charts the child on a graph and if there is concern, they will then follow up with testing..........has this been done?

If not, then I'd go to a new pediatrician who will listen and see if they find your daughter out of the "typical" growth range.

Take care,
-Kathleen

MrsWhiteCastle replied to momuv4girls's response:
I agree with PP. I think you have some very valid concerns, and it sounds like your doctor is blowing them off.

I would take her to another pedi and get a second opinion.

ryanandleigh responded:
I agree with the others that a 2nd opinion couldn't hurt. You didn't say how tall she is. 33lbs means nothing without a frame of reference. Has she always been skinny? Like the other poster said, has she followed the same "growth" chart the whole time. I don't think getting her to eat faster will at all solve the problem. Maybe visit with a dietitian to look for nutrient dense foods that will give her more benefits since she eats less than others.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.