Skip to content
8 year old daughter starting to go through puberty?
Gumbalina16 posted:
I have recently noticed that for several months my daughter seems to have PMS when I am on my period. My husband and I sort of joked about it, but I really think she might be dealing with premature puberty. She has had a few pubic hairs since she was 7 and has been getting more of them recently. She also has had body odor for about a year now and the latest is pimples and blackheads. The mood swings around my period are getting worse by the month it seems. I am just not sure how to deal with this. We always end up having a little private discussion about how she's feeling or if anything is bothering her and both of us end up crying together. Any suggestions?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Gumbalina!
Have you made an appointment with her doctor? That would be a good starting place.

There is an old discussion on this board also about an 8 year old experiencing puberty - you might find some good information there! Click on the link below:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-elementary-ages-exchange/forum/451/18?@guest@

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.