Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mommy guilt! I've been crabby...Anyone else?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
My 2.5 year old woke up Monday with a 104.6 temp - tested positive for flu. Realized that I got MY shot but totally forgot about the girls.(My mom passed away in September - trying to give myself a break).

As a result, I've been really snappy and short with my husband and 6 year old.

I took a deep breath this morning and apologized to her. Tried to explain that mommies get tired and worried when kids are sick and it wasn't nice of me. (My husband got his apology last night - wink, wink)

Just wondered how you guys handle it when you've been less-than-a-perfect-parent?

Haylen

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Poor baby! That's a high fever. I hope she is feeling better now.

I like to send one of the girls to Grandma's house for a sleepover. Then I can really concentrate on the other girl. It lets me really focus on one of them at a time, and reminds me how much fun they really are. They also love the special "mommy and me" time, or to be spoiled by Grandma.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
GREAT suggestion - I know the 6 year old is feeling neglected! Her dad usually takes her to Gymnastics on Saturday - I'm going to take her then we're going to a "big girls only" breakfast.

Thank you so much - I'm feeling less guilty already :)

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mom of 3. My daughter is 18, my sons are 5 and 2. I work in the medical field as an radiologic technologist. I am home with my sons duri...More

Helpful Tips

Winter Activity
Actually, I'm just testing everything out with this new format, so I'm going to dive right in and add a tip just to see how it works! ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.