Skip to content
Bowel Movements
An_222234 posted:
Hi all,
My son is 6 years old and has started having small accidents in his pants (this has been going on since yesterday). They are not full on BMs. More like uncontrollable small movements where he messes up his underwear several times a day. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks!

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
My DD used to do this a lot when she was constipated. Do you think that could be the problem?

bowles9921 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
My 8 year old daughter is going thru the same thing and I have taken her to several dr's and they all tell me the same thing. First give her an emima to clean out her bowels and then for three-four days give her laxatives then change her diet and basically re-potty train her. Of course this has been going on for 2 years now and nothing seems to work.

All the ped's that has seen her tell me that it will take time to re-train her bowels

If you have any suggestions please post
Thanks

An_222235 responded:
Google "encopresis" ... your son is doing his best ...

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here's a link to Encopresis: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/encopresis

Thanks Anon for suggesting to look up this word!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.