Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Were you "on camera" in the delivery room?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Here's a post about the new show One Born Every Minute .There's been lots of talk about the use of cameras in the delivery room - mostly negative.

My best friend was filming when I had my first daughter...I watched it once and thought "YUCK"! So no photos or videos from my 2nd daughters birth. And I'm fine with that!

Was anyone filming in your delivery room? Do you watch it with your child or friends? What are your feelings?

Haylen

ryanandleigh responded:
No filming with either delivery - both c-sections. I would NOT want pictures of that - sorry, not my idea of something I want to watch. We have pictures of DH holding both kids right after birth and even a few of the kids being cleaned up and that is good enough for me. I wouldn't volunteer to watch anyone's "birth" video. If other people want to do it, that is fine but it isn't for me. I know that at our hospital you couldn't film the doctors or nurses though a few of them are in our photos.

katieb426 responded:
For some reason, I think I remember them telling us that filming was not allowed during the actually pushing/delivery. We didn't want it filmed anyway. Gross. I know it's supposed to be a beautiful thing, and it is in my heart and mind. But the whole physical part is still gross to me. Love all of the pictures right after and seeing all the joy on our faces. That's how I want to remember it!
Katie, Randy, Ella (7), Owen (5), Connor (4), Lilly (23 months)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually EOBP (early on-set bipo...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.