Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
my kid
An_222236 posted:
Wow, where to being, I have a 6 yr old boy. He is always in trouble at school and is at home, He is a very sweet kid when he wants to be but a pain when he does not get his way, they are in the process of testing him for autusim. I am a bit worried that that my family might not respond well to that, I am just blown away at the fact my husband and I have done so much for our child and nothing seems to work, Anyone have any ideas on how to help us?

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

Proper help and diagnosis is very, very important.

Who is doing his evaluation? Does he seem to have sensory issues? Most Autistic children do.
Here is a good link about sensory:

http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/sensory-processing-disorder-checklist.html

Your state and local government agencies should also offer support.
I do have a lot of resource links if you would write back with your city/state of residence.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mom of 3. My daughter is 18, my sons are 5 and 2. I work in the medical field as an radiologic technologist. I am home with my sons duri...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.