Skip to content
Any thoughts on son's muscle pain
Janeth72 posted:
My son, age 10, has had sharp muscle pain in one of his arms - just one muscle between his shoulder and elbow - for over 10 days now - keeping him up at night, and doctors cannot figure out the cause. It started the same time he got sick - mid-grade fever. He is now over being sick - and happily passed it on to the rest of us! Ibuprofin helps a little but not much, and it is always the worse at night and in the middle of the night. Any thoughts since our doctor doesn't seem to have any?

momuv4girls responded:
Is it his primary arm that he uses - - like if he's right handed, is it in that arm?

Is he doing any sports at school / home - like P.E. class??

What activities does he participate in during recess ??

Just trying to think of some ideas here.......

-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I am a mom of 4-daughters. My youngest daughter was dx at age 6 with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder), then eventually EOBP (early on-set bipo...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.