Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food suggestions before physical excercise?
booboograndma posted:
Hi. I am wondering if there are certain foods a 9 year old might want to eat prior to a game to help him stay focused and energetic during a basketball or football game. His basketball is 4 ten minute quarters and by halfway through he appeared to be dragging. I was just wondering if a particular food group might be beneficial, such as carbs, or what, to help him stay energized for the full game.

An_222237 responded:
For the meal preceding the match make it pasta! Just be sure to lay off over fatty sauces :)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome BooBooGrandma (love your name, BTW)

You might want to post your question in the new WebMD Raising FIT Kids community.

Pediatrician Christopher Tiongson, MD is the expert on hand and might have additional suggestions.

I remember my parents giving me a CANDY BAR before basketball games in grade school...oh boy...

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.