Skip to content
my 7 year old is a smearer
An_222238 posted:
As of lately, my 7 year old has been coming home from school and immediately goes to the bathroom for a good 15-20 minutes, and then asks to take a bath.
The other day, she was in the bathroom and we were going to be late for school... I opened the door and she is covered in poop. Her hands are covered in her own feces. The sink is covered, the mirror and the toilet. Her pants and underwear are around her ankles and she is standing there with her hands up in the air... She stated she was wiping and it got on her hands.

Today, she came home from her dads. She immediately goes into the bathroom and then asks to take a bath. I immediately get up and check on her, she is sitting on the toilet with her left hand in between her legs. I ask her to see her hand and its completely covered in her own fecal matter. I go to help her clean up and she has her own handprints in between her legs and back side.

I have discussed the health risks with her but she continues to state she was just wiping...

I don't know what to do.... I am seriously concerned.

momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

I think it would be a really good idea to talk to your daughters pedi about this.

How is your relationship with her dad? Is he a good guy? What is his home environment like? Are there new boyfriends and/or girlfriends involved in your life or her dads ?

How is school life going for her?

There is a lot to consider and think about, but I'm glad you are questioning her behavior, because I think its out of the norm.....

((((Big Hugs))))
-Kathleen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to momuv4girls's response:
Kathleen - Excellent questions. This behavior could very well be related to stress.

Here's a link to the WebMD Stress Management Center Although written for adults, there are lots of resources to help identify (and cope) with stress - you might recognize other signs with your daughter.

((((Big Hugs))) form me too!

Haylen

jennston responded:
I have never had to go through that with my daughters and there was alot of stress between their father and i when we were married(ofcourse i don't know what kind of person ur ex, ois good or bad, so I don't want u to think I am judging, just me as a parent if I had any doubt or weird feelings I would have things checked right away). If u have any concerns about ur daughters physical well being i would cefinitely have a pedi check her out and also have them check her private parts if u think there could be any kind of touching from anyone else.. I only say that because was there toilet paper in the toilet, like she truly was wiping? or just the hand prints all over her privates, like she was touching her areas in pain, or like something is wrong down there. GOOD LUCK, hope u get some help or relief by finding out what is going on.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.