Skip to content
Hair loss
HectorD posted:
My daugther looses quite some hair qhen she takes a shower. Nonetheless, her hear is full of hair, biut I am wondering if this is a symptom of something. Both her and I share oriental features, and our hair is thick and jet black (mine used to be, now it is grey) but I never experienced losing my hair lke she does.

I will greatly appreciate any tips, advise or suggestions about this.

Thank you in advance,

Hector

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Is she only losing hair on her head or are her eyelashes and eyebrows affected too?

Here's a link to a WebMD article that might be able to give you some answers. And, of course, it's always appropriate to check in with your daughters pediatrician!

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-loss-children

Haylen

HectorD replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much for the answer. I got into the website and printed the results. I arrive to the conclucion that my child has no real illness on her head, just the usual hair growth, because I could not find empty spots on her head, just some hair that fall when she washes her head.

Thanks again!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a DD who is now 19 (living at home - no job - no extra school(yet) - due to lack of transportation and living in a small town) She has had ADHD...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.