Skip to content
Hair loss
HectorD posted:
My daugther looses quite some hair qhen she takes a shower. Nonetheless, her hear is full of hair, biut I am wondering if this is a symptom of something. Both her and I share oriental features, and our hair is thick and jet black (mine used to be, now it is grey) but I never experienced losing my hair lke she does.

I will greatly appreciate any tips, advise or suggestions about this.

Thank you in advance,

Hector

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Is she only losing hair on her head or are her eyelashes and eyebrows affected too?

Here's a link to a WebMD article that might be able to give you some answers. And, of course, it's always appropriate to check in with your daughters pediatrician!

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-loss-children

Haylen

HectorD replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much for the answer. I got into the website and printed the results. I arrive to the conclucion that my child has no real illness on her head, just the usual hair growth, because I could not find empty spots on her head, just some hair that fall when she washes her head.

Thanks again!!!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful