Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Playdate Etiquette
An_222253 posted:
I am wondering what other working parents do to manage play date etiquette, as they try to balance the safety of their children with the desire for their child to develop deeper friendships. When my daughter gets a request for a play date, I try to meet the parent and speak to them first. It is sometimes challenging or impossible to meet ahead of time, as many parents including myself work full-time. How have other parents managed these requests?
This issue arises for me, because my x-brother in-law today allowed my niece to go on a play date with a girl from school and did not get the name, telephone number, or address of the child's parent before allowing her to go, nor did he interview the parent. My sister was left not knowing where her child was or how to locate her. Then refused to answer my sister's calls and told her she was over-reacting. Clearly, he did not manage the situation well at all, and put his child in possible danger. Nevertheless, this raises a general question, about how other working parents manage these last minute requests. Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have twins (boy & girl) and one has ADD so I am interested in tips, advice, etc. I work for a parenting website which is a great place to find ...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.