Skip to content
BAD THOUGHTS AND VOICES
An_222254 posted:
Hi,
Since Recently, my kid has been complaining of getting bad thoughts in his brain.. I feel pity for him, but not really sure how to help him.
He started of by telling me that he thinks of cuss words that he heard from someone saying it.. and now whenhe gets angry on someone, ht thinks of those bad words about those people that he is bad with, including friends, teachers, and evern his brother, or parents too.. he doesnt say anything verbally, but all in his head.
He has been crying lately that he is not able to take his head of those words and doesnt know what to do. I am trying to get him engaged in other activities, and reduce watching TV, but it seems like even when he gets a few minutes, his mind goes off on those words.
Since the past 2 days, he is also saying he thinks of nice girls when he sees them.. e.t.c. .. I think the poor kid is suffering from not knowing how to avoid thsoe thoughts.. He is trying to share with me to help him, but I am unable to really help so far..
PLEASE give me some insight on how to help him. He is just 7 years old!!

momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

Thats really great your son told you that he is having a hard time with his thoughts - - that's a big step.

I would highly suggest you finding him a Child Psychologist to meet with and talk to. It should be a qualified, smart Dr. who specializes in Children.

Children who do this need to learn tools to take their thoughts away that are "junk" - - meaning meaningless thoughts that can be bad, distracting and compulsive.

A good child Psychologist will work with your son and teach him how to appropriately react when he has these feeling/thoughts coming on.

Take care, and I'm glad you wrote !
=Kathleen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
When was the last time he had a comprehensive physical? I would start with a thorough check up with your pediatrician. And please mention all of the the things you brought up here! Kathleen had great insight and suggestions. Please check back in and let us know - your experiences could help other parents! Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.