Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

An_222257 posted:
My son is 8 yrs old. He has been potty trained since 2. Every since then, quite often, he craps his pants. I have tried talking to him about it, grounding him, and every other thing i can think of. Do u think this could be a medical problem. What should I do? Please help. Thanks
santorini1 responded:
Hi - we had the same problem, same age etc. It's been happening off and on for years. Basically you need to treat it like constipation. Magnisium Citrate and Mirolax. I don't want to diagnose the problem since I'm sure I wouldn't get everything quite right but basically for my son, he can't always feel when he needs to go. In addition to the over counter items to help, you need to establish a routine so your child goes daily. Increasing fiber in the diet should help. The last 2 things are hard to do when you're a busy family. We're still working on it!
Tricia1166 responded:
Sounds like it could be encopresis, which is a medical conditation and like PP said needs to be handled in a way similar to constipation. Talk to your doctor for some ideas.
AlexandMiaMom replied to Tricia1166's response:
I am having the same five year old daughter has pooped in her pants off and on for 18 months. She too says she doesn't feel it coming out but it is always when she is busy playing. I have tried everything, taking things away, rewarding her, making her clean herself up, do her own laundry. I have looked up encopresis and thinks she has this. We have tried giving her a laxative every day, her normal bm's are about the 12" long and 2" around, it must hurt coming out so thats why I think she might have that. Any thoughts...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been on this board about 3 years. DH and I have one DS, my miracle baby born when I was in my mid-40s. I had a post-partum DVT 2 weeks after hi...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.