Skip to content
8 year old Son going to be Big Brother
JennLoney posted:
Just wanted some advise I guess. I have an 8 year old son, Jaidyn he has been only child for all this time and now I am expecting in January. He seems to be very excited about the new addition to our family, however I am concerned how he will be once it is reality. One think my husband and are doing is my husband has been wanting to adopt him since before we got married so that process is almost over he will officially be adopted July 22nd which I am so happy is going to be way before the baby is born that way we will all share the same last name but other than that are their ways I can make sure he does not feel that we love him any less just because this baby will need much more attention than he does? Thank you all for reading my post!!!!

NiceCalves responded:
(I haven't been on WebMd in years...things have changed alot!) .... anyway, Congratulations on being pregnant again!! Don't worry, your 8 yr old will be fine! I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child when my son was 11. Talk about SHOCK! He used to talk about having a brother or sister when he was younger, but when I actually told him I was pregnant, he said "I think I'm gonna have a panic attack, Mom!"...
As my pregnancy went on (I was sicker than a dog the whole time) he got super excited and once his baby sister was here, he was right there with his daddy to greet her and he even stayed in the hosp with me (because his dad had to work & he didn't want to "leave me & his sister"!)
It'll all work out! Congrats again!! I know you posted this 3 mos ago, so it is "old news"; but I still wanted to post u a note

JennLoney replied to NiceCalves's response:
Thank you very much, I hope it takes it as well as your son did!! I have since found out I am having a girl and Jaidyn's adoption is final! He was there when I found out we were having a girl and at first was sad cuz he wanted a brother but he now seems to be very excited with having to be a protective big brother. Thank you again and have a great day!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.