Skip to content
Bad Rash called Molluscum Contagiousum
davephillyj posted:
OK My daughter has been diagnosed with this and it has spread to her legs and arm. The Doc said let it run it's course (5 months to 5 years!!!) I need something to keep them from getting on her face. School starts Monday, and even though it is contagious, they said to send her to school (as you can not keep them out of school for years waiting on it to cure up) It isn't painful nor does it cause any bad symptoms.....only unsightly......But what little girl wants to be spotty??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Take the Poll

What cured your childs Molluscum?
  • ACV (apple Cider Vinager)
  • wart remover (salicilic acid)
  • prescription
  • freese/burn off
vote
View Poll Results

Mrshollyhocks responded:
I use the K-12 program. It's free in my state. It's an online public school. This isn't an ad. I just think it would keep her self esteem from suffering.

Mrshollyhocks replied to Mrshollyhocks's response:
And honestly, if some other child caught this from your child, the rumors would start flying.

Mrshollyhocks replied to Mrshollyhocks's response:
And honestly, if someone else's kid caught this from your child, therer would be a big rumor mill.

grannytrain responded:
My nine year old granddaughter had it also. Find a doctor that will treat it with medication. She sees the doctor once a week and he applies a ointment which is a little uncomfortable at first, but it works. It only took her two months to clearup. Find a doctor that understands this problem instead of wishing it away. Good Luck.

An_239472 responded:
My granddaughter had the same thing and she had to go to the doctor once a week to have medication applied, which was a little uncomfortable at first. She was completely cleared up in two months. Find a doctor that knows aboout this problem and not one that wants you to wish it away. Good Luck.

An_239472 responded:
My nine year old granddaughter had the same thing and she went to the doctor once a week to have medication applyed. He had to be the one to check it and treat it each week till it was gone. She was cleared up in two months. Find a different doctor.

davephillyj replied to An_239472's response:
I am happy to report that my daughter has not had one new one pop up in almost 4 weeks! After she had the initial break out and then it got worse, I put the Apple Cider Vinager on it 3 times a day and then left it on bandaids at night (the little circle ones) She had about 80-100 total. It did spread to her arm and one of her legs. But it stopped there. She was taking 3 of the immune vitamin gummys (instead of 2) and then I would open up a vitamin A capsule and drip it on a scoop of icecream every night. So I honestly don't know what it was that cured it so fast. We are blessed!!!! Hope this helps someone else!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.