Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
wetting pants at nine
An_239472 posted:
I have a nine-year-old granddaughter that makes frequent trips to the bathroom. This is getting to the point of being a distraction in school. She has wet her pants while playing and I just figured she did not want to miss out of anything. She even peed in her waste can in her room when laughing so hard she could not make it to the bathroom in time. She does not wet the bed and this problem just started a couple of months ago. Could she have a medical problem? Diabetes does run in the family. Thanks

Nyana responded:
my granddaughter has this and she went to an internal meds. doctor after it got so bad she was having problems in school and the doc. said that kids now a days eat so much over processed foods and not enough fiber that when the bladder gets pressure on it from the intestines that are constipated they will cause this to happen so they need fiber and trip to see their peds. doc. tell her to make sure she goes to the restroom at every opportunity even if she doesn't think she needs to she should try .

Spotlight: Member Stories

My partner and I have six children-the oldest three are grown up and on their own. The younger three are 16, 14, and 11. My 74 yo mother lives with us...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.