Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
7 year old girl with growth deficiency, mood swings, and body odor
amineen posted:
My 7 year old girl was seen at 4 years of age by an endocrinologist b/c her bone age X-ray came back that of a 2 year old. They did tests on her and everything came back normal. She has always had mood swings. If she has a melt down, it is hard to get her back. Normally, I would think she would stop crying after be punished for bad behavior. I put her in the room and she continues crying until she just falls asleep. She does not react in a positive way after being punished. It almost seems as if it worsens her behavior. She also developed body odor in the past year which smells like an adult. Her height is causing self esteem issues and she is being teased. I have talked to the teacher b/c she started not wanting to do homework. She Is smart but she is totally rebelling now. i have an appt to see an endo again. Anybody experience anything like this before? Any suggestions?? Please email me - amineen76@yahoo.com

nanakaydee responded:
I have a grandchild with similar issues. A few years ago she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Her parents had to insist on the testing, but they finally received the diagnosis and she is now on gluten-free diet. Most Western physicians are poorly trained in this area.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a DD who is now 19 (living at home - no job - no extra school(yet) - due to lack of transportation and living in a small town) She has had ADHD...More

Helpful Tips

Winter Activity
Actually, I'm just testing everything out with this new format, so I'm going to dive right in and add a tip just to see how it works! ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.