Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
conditioner
H_KTKN posted:
What age you can use the hair conditioner? My girls are 5 and 8. The 8 years old has lots of hair and it I wonder if I can put some conditioner on but I don't know if it she is too young to use the conditioner. Any one has any idea? of what brands should I use for this age?

Thanks

vk

Anon_6065 responded:
I use suave 2-1 shampoo/condtioner for kids with my 8 year old twin step daughters. They've been using it for awhile. I've been using it on my almost 2 year old daughter since she was at least 1, maybe younger. It's tear free and works great. They have a detangler as well if it's hard to brush after. If you wanted to use seperate shampoo and conditioner, I would think that would be fine too.

phoenix31674 responded:
I've been using conditioner since DD's hair really came it at 3. I've used both Garnier Fructice and the L'Oreal Kids. The Garnier does better getting the knots and tangles out for her hair. I just know that 2 in 1s don't do much for my hair, so I never contemplated using it with her.

One other thing is that I don't completely rinse it out to keep her hair moist.

fcl responded:
Any brand is safe. Most good hairdressers will tell you not to use children's hair products because they are actually much harsher than adults I've been using conditioner of my children's hair since they had enough hair to use it on (lol) - this has to do with the fact taht my hair is very fragile and I REALLY needed it when a child. I want to make sure that my children don't have to go throught what I went through for my hair.

So yes, go ahead and use whatever you find works best for them.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Name is Norma. I am a working mother of a 7 year old son named A.J. He is the light of my life. I have been blessed with a very handsome son who ha...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.