Skip to content
Mom Sleeps With & Bathes 6 Yr Old Son
TheEventHorizon posted:
Hi. I'm renting a room fr a single divorced Vietnamese woman. She has a 6 yr old half black boy. They sleep together next to my room. She bathes him every night. It makes me very uncomfortable. I have read an MD's response about different cultures and families sleeping together. I think this is not the case of a Mongol extended family sleeping under the roof of the same yurt.

She has me use the rear sliding door instead of the front. Every evening when I return she opens the door for me. Even if Andrew is on the floor playing, she opens it. He will not make the effort nor will she ask him. On Halloween I had returned to see Andrew on the floor playing with his Lego bricks. I asked him why he wasn't trick-or-treating. She answered for him and said it's too dangerous. Just last month I saw him crying. I asked him what was wrong. He yelled that he wanted his mommy. I went downstairs to look for his mother and see if she has stepped out. She came out of the downstairs bathroom. Do you believe that? The kid was bawling his eyes out over his missing mom, and she was using the bathroom.

What I feel is that the mother is overly protective and is harming her son's development. I do not buy the argument that different cultures have families that sleep together or that studies show that sons that sleep with their moms will become independent.

Discuss among yourselves.

Happy Holidays!

fcl responded:
This is absolutely none of your business.

Noodlesbaby11 replied to fcl's response:
I agree. None of your business. And most of this sounds completley normal to me. When a single mom has a little boy, often times the bond is very strong and its pefrectly natural for the boy to miss her, even if she's only stepped away for a minute.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.