Skip to content
Possible OCD?
An_242006 posted:
My 6 year pld daughter has been seemingly obsessed with sexual and also violent thoughts. She is generally very sweet and sensitive, but I am very comcerned about her recent thoughts and conversations about sex and hurting others including my husband and her two brothers.

She is aware these thoughts are bad, but I try to console her by saying that everyone has bad thoughts sometimes and as long as we don't act on them it is ok. I am not sure that is even the right thing to say, but I don't want her to feel ashamed of herself.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks!!

momuv4girls responded:
I think you are right to be concerned, this is not "typical" 6-year old behavior, and she probably can not control her thoughts.

When a child is struggling with obsessive thoughts or behaviors, I believe it is very important to seek out a professional to help her.

I would find an experienced, smart, Ph.D. Child Psychologist to see her. The key is a smart, qualified, good Dr. - not your run of the mill "therapist".
You want to get to the root of your daughters thoughts and help her to feel better.

That is the very best advice I can give you.

Take care!
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Jenn 35 years old happily married for little over a year, I have an 8 year old son Jaidyn by a prev. person, however my husband is adopting...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful