Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
4yr old with strange eye problem
klhill24 posted:
my daughter has this strange mucus that has formed on her eyes. i wipe her eyes with a clean cloth but for some reason when she woke up in the middle of the night not only did she have even more mucus on her eyes, but some of it had started to dry causing her to feel like something was in her eye. her eyes are slightly red as well. i have never seen or heard of anything like this. is there anyone there who has or know of some1 that could possibly explain to me as to what is happening?

Tricia1166 responded:
This sounds like pink eye (conjunctivitis) which is a bacterial infection. You need to take her to a doctor for antibiotic cream.

FCL replied to Tricia1166's response:
I agree. Please also be aware that it is highly contagious!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.