Skip to content
Ready to pull my hair out!
kd72784 posted:
I have a 7 and 5 y/o. My oldest is in first grade and my youngest is in pre-school. The past year the behavior from my 7 year has become out of control. He talks back, hits his younger brother daily, Getting in trouble at school for talking, fooling, and "wrestling" with other kids. He gets numerous notes sent home from his teacher and has even been sent to the principles office. I understand boys will be boys, but this is over the line. I have tried everything I could think of with him. He gets sent to his room, loses privileges, and specific items he enjoys. Nothing works and he laughs at me when I try to punish him. The worst part is my 4 y/o is now following in his footsteps and I'm at my wits end. Any advice on techniques that have worked, please let me know, I don't know where else to turn. Thanks

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

So, I am wondering if his father is in the picture? Are you two married?

What is home life like? Does your son go to daycare? Do you live with any other people?

The environment (meaning school and home) plays a huge roll in child's life. Some children are more sensitive to their environments than others and its really important to take a good look at your son's world from his eyes.

There are some really good parenting books. This book is really good and it works from a "positve" perspective:
http://www.parentmagic.com/

Here is a really good book also:
When You Worry about the Child you Love: Emotional and Learning Problems in Children by Edward Hallowell, M.D.

It sounds like you need help and support. I hope you have some close people in your life to help you and be supportive.

Take care, and write back anytime!
((Hugs))
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

my 6 year old started pooping his pants again
My 6 year old son has started pooping his pants again. his dad and I seperated 2 years ago and he went and stayed with his dad for 3 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.