Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help I'm going crazy
mferrier posted:
My daughter is 6yrs old and every day she is being sent home from
school for peeing her pants. the school says the it stinks. we have taken her to see her dr. the said that she does not have a uti. and she told the dr. that she knows when to go but she refuses to go. what can I do to over come this with my daughter?

momuv4girls responded:
If a child has been potty trained, then starts having regular accidents at school, I believe that is a sign that something is going on.........

It could be a million reasons, but your daughter may not know how to express what it is bothering her.

Has ANYTHING changed in her world at all? New daycare, new teacher, new baby, new home, a death in the family, or ????

I would take a hard look at your daughters world from HER eyes and see if you can figure out what is troubling her.

I would also ask her pedi for a referral to a Child Psychologist - someone for your daughter to talk to and explore her inner feelings, because having accidents at school is a sure way to get out of school, be teased by other children and that could cause a new set of problems for her.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a DD who is now 19 (living at home - no job - no extra school(yet) - due to lack of transportation and living in a small town) She has had ADHD...More

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.