Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pedi Appt
mrswhitecastle posted:
For those with more than one child, do you have one that just seems "sicklier" than the other? I swear, Elizabeth rarely gets anything. Emily, however, has had more X-rays, tests, and MRIs in the past 2 years than I've had in my whole life!

Both girls had their check ups today. It went well, for the most part. They both ended up with shots. Elizabeth got 3, didn't cry for a single one. Emily got 1, and screamed like it was the end of the world.

The doctor didn't like how her stomach felt, and said it looked a little big for her size. So, he sent her for an X-ray. Emily has always dealt with constipation, so I wasn't worried. And, everything came back normal, which is good. He just wanted to be on the safe side.

I swear Emily is going to end up in the medical field with all the ultrasounds, X-rays, etc that she has had done. The good thing is that she finds them all VERY interesting.
Emily (6) Elizabeth (5)

kc_94920 responded:
We've been very lucky (knock on wood) in that none of our kids have been sickly. DD1 has only had a couple colds in her 9 years and only one illness (hand foot and mouth at 2years) that slowed her for more than 2 days. DS had a runny nose from 2-3 years of age and I was really worried he was going to have constant problems once he started preschool but nope, he's been A-OK too. He did get that H1N1 in pre-k and ran a high fever but has not been ill since. DD2 has had the occasional sniffle but nothing more than that ever--knock on wood again!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a full time mom, wife and employee. I have two beautiful children 6(boy) and 8 (girl). We live in the beautiful Poconos of PA.

Helpful Tips

Cut the School Morning Rush
Rushing my kids comes to no good end. They get slower. Things get forgotten. The more we rush-the later and more stressed the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.