Skip to content
My 8 year old soon to be 9 in a month has her period OMG
Beyond619 posted:
My 8yr old just got her period less than an hour ago, and I am really trying to keep my cool. I swore she was too young, I'm mean come on, I was 12.
My mother warned me a few weeks ago to have "THE TALK" with her, but as usual, I though Miss. Know it all was exagerating. So of course she took it in to her own hands, and gave her a breifing of "The Talk", I wasn't upset, because I wasn't sure if I was ready, and nature dam sure didn't care about my feelings.
So anyway, I'm on my laptop doing homework for my online class, and my daughter literally walks into my room, and says "Mom, you think I have my period?" and, I'm like "Charm, I told you before, I would discuss that with you when your ready, I don't know why mommom told you anything anyway, and then she says. "Well, I have a red wet spot in my panties....see". I jumped up so freaking fast, I forgot to breath and gave myself an headache. So from there of course I new what to do, but OMG what's next, does this mean, I have to discuss sex with my 8 year old???? I feel like she's being robbed of her innoscense!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a DD who is now 19 (living at home - no job - no extra school(yet) - due to lack of transportation and living in a small town) She has had ADHD...More

Helpful Tips

Emoticon List
Old time emoticon list below with some notes You may see them sometimes even in Internet Explorer 6 when in a thread.. But IE6 isn't ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.