Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lactose intolerance/sensitivity?
msoy1 posted:
Hi all, hope all are doing well; we are doing good; recovering from tax season.

I have a question; are any of you familiar with lactose intolerance? i am thinking that zack may have a sensitivity to dairy; in larger quantities. he seems to get bloated and crampy; running to the bathroom at certain times; it seems the more dairy he consumes at one time; the worse it gets. I am taking him to the doctor for his annual checkup; but I was wondering if any of you are familiar with this at all.

Just wondering! Thanks!

iocasta responded:
Sharon, I have no experience with it but it does sound like a possibility. I would chat with your pedi.

Glad to hear you survived tax season.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Sorry I can't help with the issue. I think talking to the pedi is the best idea.

If you do need to avoid dairy/milk/etc, you may want to check out the Food Allergies Families board. There is some good info there on avoiding dairy.
Emily (7) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kirsten and I'm a single mom to Katlyn, who is 8, and Belle who is 6. Katlyn has ADHD, OCD and probable Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Belle ...More

Helpful Tips

Winter Activity
Actually, I'm just testing everything out with this new format, so I'm going to dive right in and add a tip just to see how it works! ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.